-
June 26th, 2005, 08:57 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi,
After begining problems during and after the instalations of high boost jrsc (8psi) I'm preparing my car for Dyno testing. However I dont know for sure what would be the proper ignition timing I should run.
Just to be on the save side I have retard it to 10 btdc but since I am using a 95 octan gasoline I was thinking that maybe I can increase it to 12 btdc?? Any idea???
It would be also usuful if someone can give me a few tips what should be the things I should especially look for during the dyno testing? Also, what should be the readings regarding the wather temperature, fuel pressure, air/fuel ratio ... etc?
Grof
-
June 28th, 2005, 02:06 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Grof....Since you are using Hondata you would set your base timimg on your distributor to the stock setting for the Type-R from Honda. You need to adjust the timing maps within Hondata not at the distributor.
John
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 28, 2005 11:06 AM: Message edited by: CivicR ]</font>
-
June 28th, 2005, 05:17 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Thks.
I will return it back to 16 BTDC. But why to adjust the timing map. I though it has been adjusted already when purchasing the whole kit. The dealer who sold me told me that Hondata is already pretuned for JRSC. How can checked it?
Grof
-
June 29th, 2005, 12:11 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Each car needs to be tuned individually since each car is different. Even the same exact model such as a Type-R will be different from car to car. You need to have a tuner dyno tune your Hondata. If the dealer that you bought it from said it was ready out of the box he was lying! Using it right out of the box is a big risk and could cause your motor to blow. Get that car tuned!!!
PS...Didnt you read your last post? Vactor already told you to tune your Hondata. JRCivic here on the board also sells/tunes Hondata and he will tell you the same thing!!
John
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 28, 2005 09:13 PM: Message edited by: CivicR ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks